This is the list of free tools (available on-line), that I am using in language classes. These tools can make any digital device in your language class a powerful language tool. Enjoy and don’t forget to share your own ideas in our comments section.
16 tips of using the Internet in language classes:
- 1 – radios, podcasts, videos, video channels
- 2 – internet pages for creating online tasks for students – WEB Quests
- 3 – interactive exercises, listening activities, text exercises, grammar
- 4 – mobil apps supporting using a second language
- 5 – voice interaction – Siri (iPad and iPhone devices)
- 6 – pages and apps converting TEXT into spoken language
- 7 – voice recording
Voice recorder pro (my favourite app for mobile devices) – it’s free and gives you so many sharing options with teacher (google drive, Dropbox, MP3, email etc.).
online recording tool on the Internet – https://twistedwave.com/online/
- 8 – online content provided by course books’ publishers
- 9 – social networks lets you be in touch with fresh ideas, other teachers etc.
- 10 – using Skype, emails for communication with other international schools
- 11 – using the Internet for blogging and exchanging teaching ideas
- 12 – let your students write their own blogs in their target language or write your own blog for your students to provide them with learning resources outside of the classroom
- 13 – online dictionaries for reference
- 14 – plan your work and prepare presentations for your students
- 15 – online translators under teachers’ supervision
- 16 – online notes, lesson planning, sharing documents with students. Lessons needs to be planned and all digital outputs created on the Internet needs to be shared with teacher. We need quick and easy-to-use tools. These tools can be used on your personal devices (tablets, smartphones) or on your computer. The document edited on one device is automatically synchronized with other devices.
These tips can bring you more joy in your teaching. My future articles will provide you with detailed descriptions of some of the useful tools mentioned above.
Veronika, trainer, passionate teacher, blogger, member of smartclasscommunity team
follow me here for regular updates and news: