What assessment tools should be in every digital language lab classroom?
What performance demonstrates knowledge? How is the student doing? What has the student learned? What can I do to help the students more? To answer these questions in language lab driven classes we need assessment tools.
- 1 – Assessment tools providing different ways of giving feedback.
- 2 – Easily accessible tools that share the feedback with students on their labs stations immediately. (Self-assessment exercises are an excellent feature. )
- 3 – There are often hundreds of different language performances and assessments saved in the language lab library. We need a quick and easy way to use reporting tools.
Let’s see some examples with SmartClass+, the digital language learning platform.
- Teachers as well as students can access the library, containing all saved language performances, form their stations.
- Grading, written or recorded feedback is available.
- Assessment is automatically shared with, and is accessible from, the student stations.
- Generating and exporting a report is virtually instantaneous.
Are we teaching what we think we are teaching? Are students learning what they are supposed to be learning? Assessment helps us to use the digital language lab the most effective way.
Veronika, trainer, passionate teacher, blogger, member of smartclasscommunity team