In early 2014, Robotel launched the RMT Project – a project devoted to the development of digital language learning materials. This project oversees the development of this official content, created by outstanding language teachers, for the SmartClass+ language learning platform. SmartClass+ is an amazing tool for language classes. By combining SmartClass+ with great language learning content, you can accelerate your students’ skills to a whole new level.
The SmartClass+ platform is linked with the SmartClass Cloud Xchange – a cloud-based database that hosts shared media documents and exercises. Teachers all around the world are sharing their SmartClass+ exercises and resources with others. The high quality learning materials developed under the RMT project have been published on the SmartClass Cloud Xchange, and are now available for download by all teachers using SmartClass+. These materials are provided with lesson plans and worksheets. All supporting TEACHER’S MATERIALS can be found here on our community blog.
This is an ongoing project. The first materials, targeting the English language, are available right now. New materials will be added as they are developed. Stay tuned to our blog smartclasscommunity.robotel.com, for updates.
How to teach with Robotel digital language learning materials:
- Choose the level, topic and download a lesson plan/worksheets for your lesson
- Download the digital materials for you session from the SmartClass+ Cloud Xchange
Choose your topic and download lesson plans and worksheets for SmartClass+ activities:
How can I download materials from SmartClass Cloud Xchange?
- Open the SC+ Media Teacher(MAD) icon on your computer (or teacher’s station):
- Use your username and password to login the MAD:
- Choose the course/class you want to download materials for:
- Use top left arrow to get to Add Documents view:
- Choose “WEB Shared Documents” button:
- Search the left list which contains “Teacher’s names” for “RMT Robotel Project – Robotel”. To be able to search the Cloud Xchange the top “dot” located next to “Upload” button must be green. The green color indicates you are online and you may search the cloud.
- Decide what course you want to search first: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced. Click on the desired course the list of media files (audio, video, pdf, image, text) supporting the language learning will be displayed. At the top of the list the check box “Media Files” is checked. Media files can be used as a source to create your own exercises.
- To search the exercises check the “Exercises” check box at the top of the list. You can preview the exercise by double clicking on it.
- To download the desired exercise/media document, click once on the exercise/media file name. It will be highlighted by a green color. Then click the “Add” button under the list. Enter the password for downloading. Your exercise will appear in your document on the left.
- Use these exercises in your classroom, assign them as self-study activities by inserting them into the Learning Modules in MAD or send them directly to students’ devices as a live activity. Let your students practice the language, then collect the results. Enjoy the teaching!
ESL content is developed by Rachel:
Hi! My name is Rachel and I’m a teacher, translator, reviewer, and consultant. I have many years of experience and have taught people of all levels and of all ages (4 to 84!). I love sharing knowledge and experience.
Rachel Tunnicliffe, Conservatoire de musique du Québec, Self-employed translator a Collège Mérici, Québec
How is the content publishing by Robotel licensed?
All content distributed in this project is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Don’t hesitate to contact us or send us any questions (email@example.com). Our goal is to support your digital language teaching.